Below we have shared a list of tools that we have found helpful:
The following list of tools are necessary as part of the Cultivate Growth Track – Digital Marketing Toolkit. We will use these in our working labs to show you how to better understand your customers and develop a trust-building process that incorporates a digital marketing strategy.
CC0 Image Sites (Free to use, useful for web, blogs & social media posts)
- Page Insights
- Review button example
- Google Search Console
- Google Search Console provides a variety of important features. In particular, we will use this tool to identify all of the keyword phrases where your site appears in Google search results. You will need to use your Google ID to signup for an account. Cultivate will show you how to verify your website Google Site Kit.
- Google External Keyword Planner
- The external keyword planner is a feature of Google Ads. You will need to use your Google ID to signup for an Ads account. (You do not need to spend money on Ads to use this tool)
- Switch to expert mode
Divi / Elegant Themes
Business Planning Resources:
Columbus Ohio Entrepreneur Resources
- The Ohio Small Business Development Center at Columbus State (SBDC): Part of America’s SBDC national network, this SBDC supports 9 counties in the Central Ohio Region and provides entrepreneurs with advising, training, specialty services, and more. Among many other services, they host a program called B.A.S.E. which stands for Basis of a Successful Enterprise – a two-day evening program which helps entrepreneurs discover what it will take to build a business around their dreams and passion.
- Small Business Administration (SBA): The SBA provides loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling services, and more to small businesses with the goal to help Americans start, build, and grow businesses. Their guide to small business financing covers more than just SBA loans – including details surrounding, and a comparison of, different types of financing available as well as a collated list of tools and resources.
- Economic and Community Development Institute (ECDI): ECDI’s loans range from $500 to $350,000 and show a large variety in their clients and the uses for the loans. The organization supports loans for new and established businesses. Many of their other services can help develop a new business into a loan-ready client.
- Women’s Business Center (part of ECDI): With the mission of empowering women entrepreneurs with resources and tools to create strong sustainable businesses, the WBC is the only SBA-funded Women’s Business Center in the state. They provide their clients with mentoring, training and workshops, access to networks and more for a low annual membership fee.
- SCORE: SCORE comprises experienced business professionals who volunteer their time to provide free, confidential advice and mentorship to entrepreneurs on starting, managing, and growing a business.
- Women’s Small Business Accelerator: Formed to help women business owners achieve their business ownership dreams, the WSBA provides support, educational programming, and mentoring to increase the success rate of women’s microbusinesses.
- Women for Economic and Leadership Development (WELD): WELD provides educational courses and networking connections to women to further their individual economic status. They have a chapter in Columbus, Ohio.
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO): NAWBO Columbus, the largest Chapter of NAWBO in the country, is central Ohio’s premier organization for women business owners, providing strategic business connections, advocacy, and mentorship.
- Urban Accelerator X: A local, entrepreneur support organization focusing specifically on urban and diverse services-based businesses. This is a fantastic organization that provides workshops, hands on support, advisory services, and workspaces for diverse entrepreneurs.
- F6S has a whole page with discounts and free software for startups.
- Steve Blank’s website has one of the most comprehensive repositories of startup tools.
- Startups.com: They have an expansive library of educational resources for startups including playbooks, guides, videos from experts, topic deep dives, and DIY tools.
If you need any help with any of the tools above please do not hesitate to call or email us.