Adding Google Search Console to your website can seem a little daunting, but it’s easier than you think. Search Console has tools that allow you to measure your site’s search traffic, which will help you understand your customers better, and ultimately lead to building customer trust.
- Go to search.google.com/search-console and click Start Now
- Sign in with your Google account, and it will prompt you to add a property
- Type in the URL of your website, including http or https, and click Continue
- Expand the accordion labeled “HTML Tag” and copy the meta tag
- Go to your website and find the <head> code. Most WordPress sites will have a built in section for this.
- Paste the tag into it and save your changes
- Go back to Search Console and click Verify
It’s as simple as that. Once you’ve verified your site, it will take some time to gather the data, but you will eventually have access to tools showing your clicks, impressions, and position for each query your customers enter into Google. You can use these searches in conjunction with targeted keywords to understand what customers are really looking for and improve your trust building process.